This is an easy seafood pasta recipe suitable for any occasion. Mussels, scallops, prawns and calamari are gently simmered in a fragrant tasty tomato sauce.
This attractive looking dinner is one of the easiest, most impressive meals you can serve in just 30 minutes on any hurried night.
You can use any combination of seafood. Just remember, when using a mix of seafood some will cook faster than others. You can use all mussels, or any shellfish but I find it more interesting to use a mix.
Ensure your seafood is sourced from a trusted fish monger.
300g spaghetti of choice
3 tbspns olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/2 fresh chilli finely chopped
2 tbspns shallots ( young onion leaves were used here )
1/4 cup flat leafed fresh parsley finely chopped
125g fresh cherry tomatoes
200g tinned tomatoes
1 1/4 cup good quality dry white wine
500g seafood mix ( mussels, calamari, snapper pieces cubes, fish bite or scallops, prawns )
- Boil pasta until firm to the bite. Rinse with cool water, strain.
- Cook garlic and chilli in olive oil until cooked through and not burnt. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook until they are blistered.
- Add tinned tomatoes. Option, add a little tomato paste for a richer colour. Allow to cook for a minute.
- If your marinara contains fish pieces, add those in first. When they start to change colour turn them over.
- If you have included scallops throw those in.
- Add your wine, and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Add the remainder of your seafood and shellfish.
- Add 1/4 cup warm water.
- Add the pasta and gently, stir through.Cook on low for one minute. This stage is to give an opportunity for the flavours to gently simmer together.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve while still hot and grate some parmesan or reggano or a sharp cheese of your choice.