Mushrooms have a way of absorbing the ingredients around it and in this simple earthy dish, the delicate lemon myrtle and garlic infuse the mushrooms with flavour. Serve on toast, or as a complement to a Winter Roast.
Use a variety of mushrooms such as shitake, button and oyster for added interest.
A Mixed platter of mushrooms infused with the aroma and sweet taste of lemon myrtle, garlic and rosemary.
- 500g Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 200g Button Mushrooms
- 200g Shitake Mushrooms
- 400g Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, cracked black pepper
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 sprig lemon myrtle leaves - approximately 6 leaves
- Preheat your oven to 220 degree Celcius.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan, and rub the leaves in the butter while the heat is on. Cook the crushed garlic. Remove leaves, and add lemon rind. Stir, turn heat off.
- This is the most efficient way to infuse the butter with the lemon rind and lemon myrtle flavour. The scent will be noticeable as soon as the leaves are warmed into the butter.
- Place the mushrroms, very finely chopped rosemary leaves, oil, salt and pepper on a large oven tray and toss to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes and add the lemon myrtle and garlic butter. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Use your own preferred medley of Gourmet Mushrooms for added interest.
Fresh lemon myrtle leaves are best used here. If they are dried you can use them, but perhaps use a larger quantity of leaves.
Can't source Lemon Myrtle? Substitute sage for lemon myrtle, and add a little extra lemon zest. This will work just fine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g
Olives&Feta do not have control over the ingredients you use to make this recipe nor the environment in which you are making them. When Brands of ingredients are specified please check the brand as companies do change their products. Always read the label.