Everyone at some point has had to cut back on their carbohydrates or dairy intake.
This cinnamon and espresso ice cream let’s you enjoy your favourite treat without having to totally cut back on it.
It’s base is soaked cashews and coconut milk and give the creamy smooth consistency.
Add the cinnamon and espresso along with a few crunchy walnuts and you have a superb creamy dessert.
Scroll to the end of the recipe to pin.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 tspns stevia or your preferred sugar
- 1 tbspn vanilla bean 1 small/short shot espresso
- 1 tbspn cinnamon powder
- 3 tbspns crushed raw walnuts
- Soak cashews in 2 cups water for 4 hours.
- Strain and discard water.
- Add the cashews and milk into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. How long you will need to blend will depend on the type of blender used. Drizzle a little espresso if you find it’s not mixing and is too thick.
- Poor espresso, vanilla bean, cinnamon, sweetener and blend again.
- Stir though nuts.
- Place into a container, seal and allow to freeze.
- Remove from freezer to partly thaw. I usually remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the fridge for a couple of hours. Check the consistency is just right before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate or caramel or serve as is.