Vegan, Egg free, Paleo and Gluten free tuna patties. This clean eating, delicious and simple recipe is a perfect way to incorporate more seafood into your diet. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself regularly making them.
Fabulous for lunch, or finger food they are a wonderful healthy meal and also perfect if you like to meal prep. They are so easy and quick to make and taste delicious every time. My last piece of advise…. Don’t fight over them!!
Makes: apx 12 cakes depending on size
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
2 x 425g tin tuna chunks in springwater
1 medium potato
1 small onion
1/2 tbspn ground coriander
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
1. This is important: strain your tuna really well. Place the tuna on a colander and allow to strain. Press with a fork to speed up the strain process. If there is any liquid left no matter how little they will fall apart.
2. Boil potato, strain very well and mash.
3. Mix all the ingredients together. It’s best to use your hands by mashing and mixing ingredients together.
4. Form patties, and compress to a tight Pattie.
5. Place Pattie cakes in the fridge for 1 hour. This will help the cakes hold their shape.
6. Lightly flour patties. Dust off excess.
6. Poor a drizzle of olive oil on the pan, heat and cook. Don’t flip over unless each side is crunchy and cooked well.
6. Pat dry on paper-towel.