Vegan, Egg free, Paleo and Gluten free tuna patties. This clean eating, delicious and simple recipe is a perfect way to incorporate more seafood into your diet. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself regularly making them.
Fabulous for lunch, or make smaller for finger food they are a wonderful healthy meal and also perfect if you like to meal prep. They are so easy and quick to make and taste delicious every time.
Makes: apx 12 cakes depending on size of the potatoes and the size of your patties.
Prep Time: 30 mins, plus 1 hour fridge time
Cook Time: 10 mins
2 x 425g tin tuna chunks in springwater
1 medium potato
1 small onion
1/2 tbspn ground coriander
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
Flour ( wheat flour, quinoa flour, crumbs)
Dill and Yoghurt Sauce
4 tbspns finely chopped dill
2 tbspns lemon juice
1/2 cup unsweetened strained, pot set yoghurt
2 tbspns olive oil
1. This is important: strain your tuna really well. Place the tuna on a colander and allow to strain. Press with a fork to speed up the strain process. If there is any liquid left no matter how little they will fall apart.
2. Boil potato until quite soft, strain very well and mash.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until well incorporated. The potato assists to hold the patties together.
4. Form patties, and compress well to a tight Pattie.
5. Place Pattie cakes in the fridge for 1 hour. This will help the cakes hold their shape.
6. Lightly flour patties. Dust off excess.
6. Poor a drizzle of olive oil on the pan, heat and cook. Don’t flip over unless each side is crunchy and cooked well.
6. Pat dry on paper-towel.
Dill Lemon Sauce
Mix yoghurt,lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs with a small spoon.
Add to the side of your serving plate to dip the patties in or as pictured lay the patties over a thin layer of the sauce.
Tuna patties are so versatile. You could make with salmon but you can also serve with a hummus skordalia mash during the cooler weather.
Alternative Serving Suggestion: serve with Hummus Skordalia Mash pictured below.